NBS Help and Support Center
We are here to help!
If you need assistance with NationalBookstore.com, you've come to the right place.We made it easy for you to help yourself with our Help & Support Center. Select a topic or check the Frequently Asked Questions below.
frequently asked questions
- Track your order
Click on the Track orders link on the Home page and enter your Order Number and Email Account to receive the status of your order via e-mail. Alternatively, if you have registered an account with National Book Store website, you can view the status of your order from your account dashboard.
- Shipping fees
Shipping fees are calculated depending on the delivery location and the total weight of the items on your order. Shipping fee starts at P85.00 for Metro Manila and P115.00 for Provincial areas.
Total shipping weight may vary whichever is higher between actual weight and volumetric weight.
Volumetric Weight Computation: (L x W x H) / 5000 Example: = (10cm x 20cm x 15cm) / 5000
= (3000) / 5000
= 0.60 kg
Manila Regular Shipping Cash on Delivery Up to 1kg 85 85 Up to 2kg 130 130 Up to 3kg 165 165 Add-on/kg 52 52 Insurance 1% of the item value 1% of the item value COD Fee 1% Collection fee Provincial Regular Shipping Cash on Delivery Up to 1kg 115 115 Up to 2kg 160 160 Up to 3kg 220 220 Add-on/kg 60 60 Insurance 1% of the item value 1% of the item value COD Fee 1.25% Collection fee
- Free shipping
Free shipping is applicable for a minimum order amount of P1,000.00 for Metro Manila, and P2,500.00 for Provincial serviceable areas. To avail of the free shipping, verify that the shipping address is properly set and that the subtotal order amount in your cart is within the minimum purchase requirement.
Free shipping is not applicable for bulk orders, large items such as office equipment and furnitures, special orders, international shipping and areas not serviceable by the courier.
- Delivery Times
NBS Online assures to deliver your items at the fastest time possible. As an item may be sourced from different places, delivery times may vary.
Orders are processed daily from Monday to Friday. Orders received by 10:00 pm (Manila time) are processed on the same day while orders received after 10:00 pm are processed on the next business day.
Shipment Type Greater (NCR for Local Shipping) Major Cities Provincial Address Domestic 1-3 Working Days 2-4 Working Days 5-7 Days
Products sold at nationalbookstore.com are available for courier pickup and consolidation within twenty-four (24) hours after the order has been processed and approved. If an item will not be available within 72 hours or item/s is currently out-of-stock, the customer will be notified via email and will be advised if and when the item will become available or if National Book Store has discontinued selling the item for whatever reason.
National Book Store reserves the right to cancel delivery in case of flood and other natural disasters to ensure the safety of the courier.
- International Shipping
Customers can also order products and deliver outside the Philippines. Delivery transit times to some countries may take longer than seven (7) days. Rates are in Philippine Pesos.
Table of Rates: https://www.nationalbookstore.com/international-shipping
NBS reserves the right to cancel processing of orders with products for shipping that are restricted by international forwarders and other country policies.
- Missed delivery
If we failed to reach you on your shipping address on the scheduled delivery date, our delivery provider will either send you a message or give you a call for the next delivery schedule. In case the next delivery was missed, the items will be returned to our warehouse to coordinate final delivery attempt to your address.
- Receiving items by representatives
We allow receiving of items only by authorized representatives. An authorization letter must be presented along with both the IDs of the consignee and the representative.
- Serviceable areas
There are some areas that the shipping provider that won’t be able to make deliveries to yet. Check the list from this page: www.nationalbookstore.com/service-areas to check if your area is covered.
- Shipping providers
Your items are delivered by our partner couriers Xend and 2Go.
- Same Day Delivery
Order before 6:00pm and get your order within the same day. Valid ONLY on items on the "Same Day Delivery" category page delivered within Metro Manila. Regular shipping applies to orders with item/s NOT included in this category and bulk orders.
National Book Store reserves the right to cancel delivery in case of flood and other natural disasters to ensure the safety of the courier.
- Change delivery address
As long as the item has not undergone our shipping process, you may opt to change the delivery address. You may contact our Customer Service hotline at 8-8888-627 to request the necessary adjustments.
- Return policy
We ensure that the items have undergone quality check before shipping. In any case that you received a damaged item, please email us within 7 days upon receipt of the item you purchased. Our customer service will get in touch to assist you.
- Order cancellation
If you have entered incorrect details upon placing your order, we allow cancellation as long as the order has not undergone our shipping process.
Refund requests may be processed only in case of unavailable stocks. For Dragonpay payments within 7 days, you may visit the refunds section at https://www.dragonpay.ph/refund. You may need to fill-in the details from here: https://refunds.dragonpay.ph/index.php/refund_request to facilitate the processing of your refund request. For requests after 7 days from the date of payment, please e-mail email@example.com. Refunds may take up to 15 business days and will be processed in the form of a bank check. A voucher credit may also be issued depending on the customer's preference.
For credit/debit card transactions, processing may take 10-15 banking days from the time the refund request was initiated.
You may contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call our hotline at 8-8888-627 for assistance.
- How to order
Shopping at National Bookstore Online Store is easy.
- Click or Search for the products you want to order
- Check the product information to make sure it is the correct item
- Input Quantity on the box and click Add to cart
- Review the items from your Shopping cart
- Click Proceed to checkout to place your order
- Log-in or sign-up with your email address or Checkout as Guest . Enter required information like shipping address and contact details.
- Select Shipping Address
- Select your Payment method
- Click Place your order to finalize the purchase
- An order confirmation will be sent to your registered email address immediately after.
- Once payment has been validated, you will receive a payment confirmation email.
- A notification will be sent to your e-mail when your items are already shipped.
- Express delivery items
This shipping option is currently not available. But if all items from your order are readily available from our stock room, it will be delivered on the same day.
- Made to order items
Items tagged as made to order will be available for delivery within 14 days as these will come from our suppliers' warehouse.
- Items not applicable for Cash-on-delivery
There are items such as office equipment and furniture that are not available for cash on delivery payment. We may require a down payment via bank deposit before we process your order. A Customer Service Representative will coordinate with you regarding the instructions.
NBS Online also offers pre-order for upcoming books and stationeries. Full payment is required upon placing the order. Delivery of the pre-ordered item will depend on the arrival of stocks. Regular items included with a pre-order will be shipped upon availability of pre-order stocks.
- Out-of-stock Subscription
If products are currently out-of-stock, you may opt to subscribe to receive notification as soon as stocks arrive.
- Special Orders
If you can't find a book that you would like to purchase online, you may send us a request via the contact form and our customer service group will send an e-mail with the details and the estimated cost for the special order.
- Bulk Orders
For bulk orders, you may contact us at 02-7901910 or send us an email at email@example.com
- Payment options
National Book Store online has different payment options for all types of customers. Once our system has verified the payment from the payment gateway partners, a notification will be sent to your e-mail confirming that payment has been received. You may also check from the Order Tracker the status of your order. Payment confirmation is not applicable for COD orders.
- Cash on Delivery
The total amount due should be paid in exact cash amount. The courier cannot provide any change nor accept other forms of payment (cheque, gift certificate, etc.)
A customer may cancel his/her order or change the shipping address provided that it has not yet been shipped.
Should the customer fail to pay the exact amount on the confirmed delivery schedule, the order will automatically be cancelled.
- Credit/Debit Card
We accept VISA and Mastercard Credit and Debit cards. National Book Store website DOES NOT store any credit card details such as card number, expiry date, security codes, etc. during order process. All credit card transactions are securely processed via Pesopay Payment Gateway.
If you have sufficient PayPal balance to cover the payment, the amount will be deducted directly.
If you have linked a credit or debit card to your PayPal account, the payment amount can be deducted from your credit or debit card after you've depleted your PayPal balance.
- Over the counter payment centers
We accept over-the-counter payment through Dragonpay partner establishments like retail establishments (supermarkets, groceries, department stores, courier centers and remittance centers. Upon checkout select Dragonpay as your payment option. Choose your preferred fund source on the DragonPay payment page and provide the required details. Right after you process your payment using DragonPay, you will receive a confirmation on your email and instructions on how to process your payment. For more info, click here https://www.dragonpay.ph/how-to-use-dragonpay-offline-bank-deposit
- Bayad Center
- SM Store/ Savemore / Supermarket Counters
- Cebuana Lhuiller
- M Lhuiller
- Robinsons Department Store
- Online Bank Transfer / Over-the-counter payments
Upon checkout select DragonPay as your payment option. For online banking, choose your preferred fund source on the DragonPay payment page and provide the required details. You will be prompted to log in to your preferred bank account. Proceed to pay using your online bank account. For more info, click here https://www.dragonpay.ph/how-to-use-dragonpay-online-bank-deposit
- BDO Internet Banking / ATM / Cash Deposit
- BPI Express Online Funds Transfer / Bills Payment
- BPI BanKo
- Metrobank Direct / Cash or Check Payment
- Chinabank Online / ATM or Cash Payment
- Landbank ATM online
- Unionbank EON / Internet banking / ATM / Cash Payment
- UCPB Connect / ATM / Cash Payment
- EastWest Online / Cash or Check Payment
- Landbank Cash Payment
- PNB e-Banking Bills Payment / Cash Payment
- RCBC Cash Payment
- Security Bank ATM / Cash Payment
- RuralNet Banks and Coops
- BPI BanKo via Dragonpay
- GCash via Dragonpay
- Paymaya VISA or MasterCard via Pesopay Gateway
- For bulk orders, you may contact us at 02-7901910 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- National Book Store
- Alpha Books
- Avenue Mandarine
- Caran D' Ache
- Crane & Co.
- Crocodile Creek
- Garance Dore
- Heidi Swapp
- kate spade new york
- Kid Made Modern
- Kikki K
- Lihit Lab
- Meri Meri
- Gift Wrapping
You may opt to have your orders gift wrapped upon delivery. An additional fee will be charged on top of your total amount due.
- Free Engraving
We also offer free engraving for specific branded items like Sheaffer Pens and Leuchtturm Journals.
- Personalized Products
Personalized products require full payment before the order will be processed. A customer representative may coordinate with you regarding the requirement.
- Careers With NBS
Check our list of job openings from here: www.nationalbookstore.com.ph/careers/main
- How to publish my book?
If you are looking for a publisher, we are happy to refer you to our sister company, Anvil Publishing Inc. You can check out their submission guidelines through this link: http://www.anvilpublishing.com/discover-anvil/publish-your-work/
- How to sell my book through National Book Store?
If you have self-published books that you would like to sell under National Book Store, Please send a sample of an actual printed copy of your book as well as proposal letter which should include the following: retail price, ISBN, a short description of your book, an author bio, your contact information (name, email address and mobile number are necessary). All samples should be addressed to PD BOOKS-NATIONAL BOOK STORE, Quad Alpha Centrum, Pioneer St., Mandaluyong City 1550, Philippines. It will take seven business days for us to evaluate your book and get back to you. If you do not yet have an actual copy of the book and are looking for a publisher, we are happy to refer you to our sister company, Anvil Publishing Inc. You can check out their submission guidelines through this link: http://www.anvilpublishing.com/discover-anvil/publish-your-work/
*Please note that we will be unable to return samples that have been sent to us.
- How do I create a Kobo account?
If you purchase a Kobo eReader or tablet, you’ll have to set up an account to set up your device. Click Sign Up for a new account on your Kobo device and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Does my eReader come with any books?
Your new eReader comes with a selection of free previews to let you sample several popular books. You’ll find these excerpts in the Previews area of your library.
- How to buy an eBook?
- Locate the book you want to buy.
- Click Buy Now.
- Review the Payment Information and the Total Price of the book.
- To change your Payment Information, click Change Details and make the appropriate changes.
- What are my payment options?
Major credit cards, Paypal or other popular payment methods are accepted depending on your location. You'll find the payment options available in your country when you visit the Payment Information tab in your account details. Unfortunately, if you don't find a payment method listed, it is unavailable in your country or location.
For your protection, we encrypt your purchase details and credit card information so that your information is safe and secure.
For more Kobo related inquiries please check Kobo website at: https://us.kobobooks.com/pages/frequently-asked-questions
- Basic Troubleshooting
Your Kobo eReader can have minor problems for many reasons, such as a book that hasn’t downloaded properly or simply low power.
You’ll find a list of troubleshooting tips below for when you’re having problems reading, while you’re trying to download or shop, or when you turn on your eReader. We’ve listed these tips in the order we recommend you try them.
When your eReader stops working properly:
- If you're having trouble while reading a book, tap the center of the screen to bring up the Reading Menu, tap the Home icon to return to your Home page, then open your book again.
- Note: If you have a Kobo Touch, press the home button and open your book again.
- Turn your eReader off and then on again.
- If your screen is frozen, slide the power button to the right and hold it for 10 seconds. Your eReader willl turn off. Quickly slide the power button to the right to turn it back on.
- If it won't turn off or on, recharge your eReader and then try again.
- Try using a different micro USB cable or a different USB port on your computer if you're having trouble recharging.
- If that doesn't work, try a basic reset, described below.
- If you're still having issues, consider a factory reset.
- Performing a Basic Reset
A basic reset will force your Kobo eReader to restart properly. In many cases, this is enough to restore your eReader to normal.
To do a basic reset:
- If possible, turn your eReader off.
- Locate the reset hole on your eReader
- Unfold a paperclip and slide an end into the hole.
- For Kobo Glo, the reset hole is on the bottom of the eReader.
- For Kobo Touch, the reset hole is on the back of the eReader.
- Press gently until you feel a click. Your eReader will restart.
- Performing a Factory Reset
A factory reset will restore your eReader to its original settings. After a factory reset, you have to set up your eReader again.
When you factory reset your eReader:
- Your books, bookmarks and annotations are deleted.
- You're automatically signed out.
- All your settings are removed (for example, if you've turned on Facebook sharing.)
Before you perform a factory reset, if it's possible, back up any books or documents that you've added to your eReader from your computer (also known as side-loading).
To perform the factory reset, from your Home page:
- Tap the Menu icon at the top of the screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Device Information.
- Tap Factory Reset.
- Tap Reset Now.
To use your eReader after a factory reset, set it up again.
- The Standard Kobo eReader warranty
All Kobo eReaders come with a one-year limited warranty against defects in materials and workmanship under normal consumer use.
The warranty does NOT cover:
- Damage or malfunctions caused by accident.
- Acts of God.
- Other external causes.
- Damage or malfunctions caused by third-party products including, without limitation, software, downloaded data or materials, consumable parts, accessories or peripherals.
- Damage or malfunctions caused by Internet or telecommunications failures.
- Damage or malfunctions caused by commercial use.
- Damage or malfunctions caused by unauthorized opening, use, service, tampering, alteration, repair or modification.
- Cosmetic damage or normal wear and tear.
- Any software, whether or not contained in or distributed with your eReader.
- Any downloaded data or materials.
- Consumable parts, such as batteries.
- Accessories or peripherals.
- Damage caused by inadequate packing or shipping procedures in returning your eReader to Kobo for service.
For more information about warranty, visit Kobo Customer Care page hereor email email@example.com