Frequently Asked Questions
How to Order
To order books or supplies at nationalbookstore.com,
1. Search for the title or the product name
2. Add the items to your shopping cart by clicking the “add to cart” button
3. Review your orders from the shopping cart link and proceed to checkout
4. From the checkout page, you will be prompted to log-in to your account or checkout as a guest.
5. Fill in the required shipping information
6. Select payment method (Bank Deposit, Credit Card, Paypal or Cash on Delivery)
7. Place your order
8. Order confirmation will be sent to your registered email address
9. Order will be processed for shipping once payment has been confirmed.
To check status of your order, log-in to your account and visit your account page on National Book Store website. Status of orders from checkout as guest will be notified through e-mail.
Customer Service Hotline: 8888-NBS(627) for Metro Manila and 1-800-10-8888-NBS(627) for outside Metro Manila.
• For Credit card payments, you will be redirected to the payment gateway page after placing the order on the checkout page to input your credit card details. All transactions are subject for validation.
• For Bank Deposit payments, deposit the payment within 3 days on the bank account number provided on the order confirmation sent to your e-mail. Send a copy of the deposit slip as a proof of payment.
• For Cash on Delivery, exact amount should be paid upon receiving your order. Additional charges may apply for out of serviceable areas.
For ebooks, transactions are completed on Kobo website. You will need to have an account with Kobo to proceed with the purchase. Registration is free.
1. Search for the title or the product name
2. Click "Get Ebook" and continue when prompted to proceed to Kobo website.
3. Click "Buy Now" or "Add to cart" and sign-in to your Kobo account.
4. Fill in the required billing information. Accepted payments are Visa, Mastercard and Paypal.
5. Review your purchases and confirm.
6. The ebook file (or license file for DRM protected ebooks) will be downloaded to your device.
7. Ebooks can be opened using the Kobo eReading App for desktop, Android, iOS and etc. DRM protected ebooks can be opened using Adobe Digital Edition.
8. Downloaded ebooks can be opened using the same Kobo account or Adobe ID if using Adobe Digital Edition.
9. For inquiries, contact the Kobo Customer Care at [email protected]
Delivery and Returns Policies
1. Orders are processed daily from Monday to Friday. Orders received by 3:00 pm (Manila time) are processed on the same day while orders received after 3:00 pm are processed on the next business day.
2. Products sold at nationalbookstore.com are normally available for courier pickup and consolidation within twenty-four (24) hours after the order has been processed and approved.
3. If an order will not be available within 72 hours or item/s is currently out-of-stock, the customer will be notified via email and will be advised if and when the item will become available or if National Book Store has discontinued selling the item for whatever reason.
4. If the order is approved, the customer will be notified via email at the email address provided when the order was placed online.
5. Stock availability of listed items is not guaranteed.
6. For inquiries about the status of an order, send an email to [email protected]
1. National Book Store reserves the right to refuse to ship items that are restricted from carriage air transport regulations or the regulations of its air carrier partners.
2. Orders are normally dispatched on the next business day following the day the order was confirmed to the customer. Orders for delivery within Metro Manila will be delivered within 2 to 3 days from the process date of the order. Orders to be delivered to a provincial destination within the Philippine will take 3 to 5 days from the process date to be delivered. For international deliveries, standard delivery schedules apply.
3. Please note of shipping restrictions indicated per product. Certain imported items may only be shipped within the Philippines. Should an order with shipping restrictions be placed, National Book Store has a right to cancel the order and an email will be sent to inform you of the status of your order.
4. National Book Store does not assume responsibility for and shall not be liable for any damages, whether direct, incidental, special or consequential, arising from the handling and delivery of order goods by the authorized couriers. However, National Book Store shall properly coordinate with its authorized courier who is responsible for the shipment, to properly compensate the customer.
1. Prices of products in the website are subject to change without prior notice.
2. The price may change from the time you put the item in your shopping cart to the time you check out. For example, discounts are applicable depending on the duration of a promotion and the item’s availability. Changes may also be due to the fact that actual store prices change as a consequence of supplier price changes or due to current market situations.
3. The customer will be duly notified via email regarding the new price of the item purchased, and the customer has the option to push through with the order (under the current/new price), or cancel the order with no charge at all.
4. We will charge your credit card only upon confirmation of the order.
1. If you would like to return an item purchased in this site due to product defect, National Book Store shall facilitate a replacement. Shipping and handling charges, however, are non-refundable.
2. Please advise us within seven (7) days from receipt of the item, of your intent to return an item, including the corresponding reason or actual product defect. You may send us the advice via email at [email protected] A notice of replacement shall be issued to the customer once request is approved.
3. Replacement terms:
a. Within the Philippines – Replacement shall be done in a National Book Store branch based on the proximity to the customer’s address. Replacement of item/s from customer’s who do not live nearby a National Book Store branch will be dealt with on a case to case basis.
b. Outside the Philippines – Replacement shall be sent to the customer’s address. A notice of replacement shall be issued to the customer. Product and shipment details will be discussed with customer directly.
1. You can cancel your order provided that the order has not undergone our shipping process.
2. Please send an email to [email protected]